1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowex 325 not flinging salt far?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by lawnmasters2006, Jan 24, 2009.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i bought a snowex 325 mini...does seem to fling salt maybe a foot past the truck? i did by it used,min use looks like new. i took it apart an checked the gear box...full of green grease.... then i hooked it straight up to a battery an spinner spins the same as it does with the controller...but the web site says it should spread 25 feet...lol...the only thing i seen is when u spin it by hand it takes a bit to move it..is that right? any help would be great...thanks
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know how they rate those at 25 feet bounce and scater. I would post this in the ice forum, you might get some good answers.

It depends on the type of salt. If you use fine salt, or salt that is somewhat wet, you will have poor results. I have one & use morton safety salt, which is fairly large chunks, and it throws nicely. I had horrible results with some other salt that had to much fine particles.