1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 1875

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by stonewellmark, Jan 15, 2011.

1. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

Hi everyone, I've got an 1875 spreader and I just cant seem to get it to spread sal/sand mix. It seems to bind in the chute that drops to the spinner and the opening at the bottom of the spreader. I bought the unit used, it didnt have the inverted V or the baffle, so I got an inverted V and made a baffle from a piece of stainless I had kickin' around, but still not too good. like the auger just spins in the mix. I keep the sand/salt mix inside, but I cant control the moisture when I buy it. Also, the vibe works fine and is bolted tight to the inverted V. Any advice?? :confused:

Thanks Mark

2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I don't run any sand through mine, but I've run some pretty wet salt through it. Mine seldom jams, but if it does, I turn up the auger & that has always flushed it out. Also, I don't fill it until I need it. Maybe try less sand? It kind of sounds like yours is running like a playdough pumper.

3. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

I just mixed a 50/50 mix. I'll try that and see how it works. Thanks for the info. Coffee

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Try shortening the baffle plate over the auger. For sand only I take the baffle plate right out, but for salt you need the baffle or the salt will run right out.

Bill