1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 1875 Salter/Sander

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by rcpd34, Dec 2, 2007.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to take a guess and say this was yours? How did you have that mounted on the truck? Hard to tell from the picture and I was told that you could not have hitch mount for the 1875. But I Just looked on their website and say it might be possible.

Thank you.

3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

It has the optional swing away mount which allows you to have access to the truck bed. That way, I can still put a snow blower in the bed as well as a pallet of salt.

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Did you have to drill into the bumper on the truck for this to work?

Thanks. I was thinking about p/u one but not completely sure yet.

5. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

On mine it says not to swing the hopper out unless it is empty.It does not make access to the bed that easy but it's better than nothing. Does yours say the same or is it a heavier swing away mount?

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The hopper must be empty before you swing it. It makes acces to the bed very easy. I did have to drill the bumper, but when I sold the truck, I just replaced the plastic cover on top and it looked new.