1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 1075 YEAH

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RadHog, Dec 1, 2005.

1. RadHog

RadHog Junior Member

We are ole pros at the snowplowing game... we decided to add salting to the game this year... had our first snowstorm yesterday... got to break out the new boss and the new SnowEx 1075 Spreader. MAN Im VERY impressed with this spreader...... Crank it up a little on the dial and LOOK out its throwing salt BIG TIME........ Very thrilled with its performance...... just my .02 though!

2. little pat

little pat Member

We used 1075's last year with similar good results. I'm trying out a 1875 this year to see how it does.

3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Have you guys had any problems with them binding up and throwing the overload red light? I bought one last year and pickup up another used one that was barely used. They both occasionally throw the up the red flag and quit spinning. I am hoping it is just the occasional over-sized chunk of gravel mixed in the rock salt, but I am not sure. Anyone else dealing with this? Otherwise, they do work great.

4. little pat

little pat Member

We did have some problems with chunks but we screened over top so nothing big would get through. We did have major problems with it jamming and stopped spinning. This was a result of a bad load of Magic Salt that was delivered very wet. It was so wet and heavy it would bind the auger. We actually had whole loads freeze up in the hoppers. This was not the fault of the spreader as we switched to plain bulk salt and never had another problem.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought mine about a month ago. Ive got to use it about 3 times in the past week. (Including about an hour ago) I really like it. Part of me wonders if I could have got by with the 575 instead but all in all I'm happy. I do like my Monroe stainless steel spreader in my F-450 though...:nod: