1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowex 1075 receiver mount question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DP Property, Sep 14, 2008.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi Guys

I have been restoring a snowex 1075. You have helped me out lots with my project. It had a pivot pro mount however this stuff was rusted together and I could not use it with my Ford Expedition. I had a welder cut off the extra steal and make me up a heavy duty steel plate with a 2 " inch receiver.

I see snowex sells a receiver mount for this spreader and I also have a SP-325 with a 2 " receiver mount so I have an idea of how it is designed. My new receiver mount is finished and on the 1075 the guy even welded it rite on for me. However being that this spreader is very large I was wondering if any of you have the 2 " receiver mount on the 1075?

Is there more to it- do I need to have a few plates made up to bolt the end of the frames down to my expedition bumper? or is the receiver mount alone strong enough to support it with salt?

I don't have the part number but it is easy to find- If one was to purchase the receiver mount from snowex is that all it is- a plate with two inch receiver bar in the middle? or is there more that goes with that?

I will try to post a picture as to what I have so far.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

that should do it just dont travel with it completly full
  3. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

DP I had a 1075 receiver mount on a truck and it did come with 2 plates that bolted to the bumper and had a pin that you installed to pin it to the bumper after you put it in the receiver; however I never installed the bumper plates. I just ran 2 small rachet straps from the top of the metal frame of the spreaderto the pockets of the truck bed for added stability.
  4. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Reply tp big pusher

Thank you BigPusher

I have a blue print here now of the snowex part number #RHT-175 and I see the plates would have to be made out 2 " receiver stock steek. Welded to the side of the spreader frame and then I would have to make up those plates for each side for the bumper. I thought it looked like a lot of extra work for the end result to be two pins holding it all.

I was worried if it effected the strength of the hopper but I think I can use two heavy duty straps and go around my bumper to the spreader frame. I think this would do the same thing with less work then trying to fabricate those plates.

Thank you for your input BigPusher tymusic