1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx 1075 Harness and Controller

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by born2farm, Oct 31, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I purchased a SnowEx 1075, but it did not come with a controller or a harness. I am going to get a Omega controller through Karrier, but was wondering if I should get one of there Rhino Harnesses, a stock harness from snow ex, or just make my own? Is there much to a snow ex wiring harness?

Thanks in advance.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

There's not much to it. Two 8-gauge wires, wire loom, and a couple plugs. You'd need to use a trailer plug (I use the 9 pin semi plugs) or Anderson connector for the back, and the front of the harness is a mini-anderson of some sort that plugs into the back of the controller.

3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Thank you for the info. I think I will just order the controller for now and see what I can fab up on my own. Thanks again.

4. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thought I might piggy back here. I have a used 1075 that I picked up. I am making a wiring harnessno problem but it has a blue wire coming out the back of the controller. I cannot find any reference to this wire in the manual? Anybody know what it hooks up to? I am thinking maybe a 12v switched in the cab?

thanks!

Z

5. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Some googling seems to show that prior to 2005 this was included and had to be hooked to 12v switched. Sound right?

Z