1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowEx® Snow and Ice Control Equipment Launches Complete Line of Snowplows

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

SnowEx® Snow and Ice Control Equipment Launches Complete Line of Snowplows​

MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. — After years of research and development, SnowEx Snow and Ice Control Equipment introduces a comprehensive line of snowplows. The launch includes a total of 20 new snow control products designed to accommodate a variety of customers, from light-duty users to the most demanding snow and ice management professionals.

The snow control line includes POWER PLOW™, SPEEDWING™, Heavy-Duty, Regular-Duty, and Light-Duty models of hinged-blade and straight-blade snowplows, as well as UTV plows and POWER PUSHER™ box plows. The plows include multiple exclusive new technologies, such as the Automatixx™ attachment system, a power-assisted feature that involves a simple process for quick plow attachment.

For maximum durability, the plows offer high-strength, low alloy steel components and formed base channels designed with multiple angles to add torsional strength and prevent twisting under heavy loads. This unique combination of features leads to products that are much stronger, yet lighter than conventional steel plows, which are better suited for today’s commercial trucks.

“SnowEx Snow and Ice Control Equipment has been recognized as a leader in ice control for many years, and our innovative new plow designs will position us as a leader in snow control, too,” said Michael Frank, SnowEx Product Marketing Manager. “We started with a clean sheet of paper, gathering feedback from contractors and other experts in snow and ice management to develop a line of products unlike anything the industry has seen before. The results are multiple breakthroughs in plow technology.”

POWER PLOW: Available in 8'10" to 11' widths, these hinged-blade models offer quick independent adjustment of the wings for maximum windrowing, scooping and cornering performance.

SPEEDWING: The wings of the SPEEDWING blade automatically adjust according to the angle of the plow. This model has a width of 8'7".

Heavy-Duty: With a 31" tall steel blade, the Heavy-Duty Series is a powerful straight-blade snowplow. It is available in widths ranging from 7'6" to 9'.

Regular-Duty: Available in 7'6" to 8' widths, Regular-Duty straight-blade plows are ideal for use with half-ton pickups.

Light-Duty: The Light-Duty Series is intended for lighter vehicles and smaller applications. These straight-blade plows are available in 6'8" and 7'2" widths.

POWER PUSHER: Offered in 8' and 10' widths, these box plows quickly and easily attach to skid steers for pushing large amounts of snow.

Many additional features are built into the plow line. For instance, truck plows come standard with hydraulic direct lift, POWERCOAT paint finish, SECURITY GUARD™ anti-theft system, FLEET FLEX electronics, STORM SEEKER™ headlamps and POWER GRIP™ hand-held controls. All models are backed by a two-year warranty and a worldwide dealer network.

SnowEx Snow and Ice Control Equipment is proud to be a part of Douglas Dynamics, North America’s premier manufacturer of vehicle attachments and equipment and home to the most trusted brands in the industry. For more than 65 years, the Company has been innovating products that not only enable people to perform their jobs more efficiently and effectively, but also enable businesses to increase profitability. For more information, visit www.snowexproducts.com.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So does this mean Blizzard no longer exists? Since that lineup IS the Blizzard lineup.

I'm not seeing any announcements from Blizzard as of yet. Are they coming Michael?
  3. procut

procut Senior Member

Ummm, yeah, those are the Blizzard plows...

I watched the video on they had on FB and all they really did was go on and on about how "tough" and "strong" the plow was, didn't really appear to be anything new or innovative that doesn't already exist. Plows look to be Blizzard, attachment is hybrid of Western and Boss. I would think pretty much all the components are shared from other DD plows.

Like I said, just nothing new; just looks like a Blizzard plow painted black with a goofy Western/Boss attachment system.
  4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Great. How come when I go to the Snow Ex site, it shows a category for plows, but it won't let me click on it and view any of them. There is 0 info on their site about them other than a picture of a pickup with what appears to be a black wideout plow on the front of it.
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I like the "black" look.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I just posted the message for them and do not know all things involved
  7. Mark Oomkes

Interesting, indeed
  8. 1olddogtwo

Thanks MJD!
  9. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

Yeah for reals looks like all they did was copied blizzards. hahaha
  10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

DD owns blizzard and snowex
  11. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Why re-brand though? That makes zero sense. It makes even less sense to copy the entire blizzard line and produce it twice
  12. 1olddogtwo

Writing on the wall....
  13. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

More money., maybe dropping the blizzard line since they already own the pattens
  14. Mark Oomkes

100 bucks says Blizzard is gone. Or will be within a year.
  15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

A few years ago I changed where I bank cause I got tired of the poor service. I was with them for 30 years.
    I get a call from them trying to solicit my business back and telling me I'm already an existing customer with which I take issue. The guy then points out that I have a 0% loan with them. I was going to correct him, when I realized the bank bought GM's Ally. Congratulations,you bought my 0% loan and did not have to change the problems I had associated with your brand. this is now how big business works, instead of taking the competitions customer base with a better product and service...they just buy it.
  16. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Not all of their plows but close. Thumbs Up
  17. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I would think snow ex has more dealers then blizzard. Dealers that have snow ex spreaders and boss plows will now have 2 plow lines.
  18. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Blizzard Facebook page says snowex
  19. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Yes, the Blizzard brand will be absorbed into the SnowEx brand.
  20. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The Blizzard Twitter account has been deleted.