1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg's for older models

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowguy43, Dec 10, 2009.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Is there any plans from Buyers to make mount's available for older model trucks? I'm really wanting one of these plows but there is no mount available for my truck (which seems odd as it was redesigned in 2005).

2. plowguy43

Anything? Anyone?

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I don't see many Dakota's out plowing with any brand of plow. So I'm guessing when they went to market they decided that either they weren't or were going to wait to see how market share goes. I'm guessing the Dakota market is less than 2% of plow mount sales.

4. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

What year is your truck. I just got a ex75 installed on my 2001 ford f-350.

5. plowguy43

I also don't see many Toyota Tacoma's out plowing but they make a plow for it. I've actually seen quite a few Dakota's with older Meyer and Fisher plows. If there isn't a market for this truck then why does Boss, Blizzard, and Fisher still make plows for them?

My truck is an 03 if you were asking me.

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

OK - I'll chime in. Some of you already hit on it. We make over 50 different mounts, and we had to draw a line somewhere. You need to make about 100 mounts/year to make it worthwhile.

We do make a mount for the current frame Dakota, just like we make one for the current frames of almost all trucks out there (with the curious exception of the Titan). Every year we evaluate new mounts. This has not been officially done yet, so I can't state whether or not we will be making mounts for these vehicles yet.

Scott

7. plowguy43

The front end's on the New Dakota's have changed much except for the design of the frame horns. The 2005-20xx's have an almost octagon style horn, whereas the 1997-2004's are square/rectangle. The portion that houses the front differential and bolts the lower control arms is almost identical and I'm guessing not much further back if any at all. I know of my current fisher setup it bolts up to the frame horns where the bumper brackets are, then two support "arms" go back and bolt up to the lower part of the differential area. A total of 6 bolts.

The older trucks also use 9007 headlamps which I see you have harnesses for.