1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDoggg Light quality issues?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Plow King, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I bought a buyers plow brand new last winter, used it maybe 20 hours total. On my last night out, the plow tripped and when it bounced back up - the passenger side head light fell off. All of the rivets had broken.

I've been plowing commercial for over 15 years and never had this happen before.

I tried emailing Buyers but no response.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Do you think this will be covered by warranty? Its clearly a quality issue to me.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

You should definitely be covered under warranty. Contact "smoorman" (I believe that's his name on here). He's a rep from Snowdogg and pretty good about taking care of Snowdogg owners.

After looking at your pics a little closer, the mounting plate looks bent. How could that have possibly happened? Hit something?
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

This happened all the time with the old Boss lights. The good metal ones. As in early 90's.

I drilled the rivets out and replaced with machine screws. Never broke again.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

look at the discoloration, they didn't all let go at once, possible the rivet at the discoloration marks was never properly set when manufactured. The bend is from the light's mass moving forward at the end push impact.

As for warranty, take it to your dealer.