1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg with wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by belken, Feb 6, 2015.

1. belken

belken Junior Member

Looking for a new plow. Was thinking of a SnowDogg with the wings.
    Looking for anyone who has a SnowDogg with hydraulic wing extensions.
    They look like a good idea, when they are brand new, but how are they after a year or more of use in the snow and salt world?
    Are these wings a maintenance nightmare down the road?
    Thanks for any input.

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I just got mine this year, I like it so far only 2 downsides so far are its a heavy plow and the wings have metal edges which I don't like and I put rubber edges on them which have worked better. (the wings have a permanent angle and having metal edges the wings tend to grab alot of holes in asphalt and trip the blade to much.)

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Got a link? I'm not familiar with them having hydraulic wings at all. Only fixed. Unless you're talking about the XP, and I don't believe those are hydraulic either.

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Only plows I know that have hydraulic wings is either the wideout xls or the snowway plow

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Iv seen buyers version of a wideout xls 810. Know nothing about it but for a plow id never buy one for primary use. Id own a western straight blade uni before snowdogg

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

So, as you say, you know nothing about them, but you'd also never buy one for primary use. Okay............, very informed decision.

7. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

If their plows are anything close to their spreaders, I'd say it's a damned well informed decision.

The only way you'd see a Snow Dogg blade on any of my trucks is if it were being hauled in the bed for someone else.

9. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I know mossman had a lot of issues with the snowdog blade...

10. belken

belken Junior Member