1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg Wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by res201cue, Dec 13, 2011.

1. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I added some wing to my EX85 havent really used them on any major snow because we haven't had any. But overall I like how they mounted up to the plow and I really like how they fold back. They seem to be constructed well but only time will tell.
    and of course here are some pictures

in the stowed position

wings out plow up

plow down

and a side view with the wings out to show the forward pitch

2. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

looks AWESOME. it will make a big difference in load carrying ability :drinkup:
  3. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

you won't ever want to fold them back once you've used them
  4. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I can't wait till I really get to use them I used to have wings on my old western and I would never want to plow without them again
  5. xjsnake

xjsnake Member
    from NW Ohio

Picked up a plow that has wings on it. I've never plowed with them before but I'm looking forward to it after hearing how much they help. Great looking rig BTW!
  6. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

like I said I had wings on my old 6'6" western and they were the nuts really cut down on my route time I think youll like them.
  7. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Heres a pic of the whole rig minus the wings

also did the Duplicolor bed armor on the rocker panels and flairs

close up I think it turned out good

8. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Trucks looking good. I definitely do like the full black vs the gold.
  9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I like them wings they kinda same degree as the boss
    I thinking putting set on my MVP but dont like the western MVP wings I like them on my str8 plow

Thinking about Fabbing set up for my MVP since Have got good snow storm
  10. fordf350dually

fordf350dually Member

How much were those wings?
  11. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I think I paid right around 550
  12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Look awesome, I almost want to get a set for my VX95 but I may be pushing it a bit...Bigger is better in this industry!
  13. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

they should work out great. i ran them last year on my ex80 and i was impressed, they help alot and make things go faster. I really put them to the test with pushing and stacking mounds of snow and wind rowing hard packed snow as well. only con is that they just are not as good i think for back dragging tho. o and a tip for u. u might want to go down the road and drop the plow and angle it side to side so u get a good edge on the rubber cuz if u dnt they can leave snow behind on the pavement you are plowing.
  14. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

more like you wont! this is my third season with them. they still work great but they will never fold again, lol. nothing against the design or snowdogg, its from my own stupidity :realmad:
  15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

LOL understand where you coming from The set I have on my pro plus western are removable mine isnt no more I thread the pins and now bolt mine on before they rattle and made lots of noise
  16. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Wings are amzing! We have a few sets for our boss plows. My brother never takes them off the 9.2vxt, they increase efficiency greatly. I have a few vids on youtube showing them off. I like that the snowdoggs just fold back vs. Pulling out with the boss wings
  17. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises Member

let me know how they hold up.....when we get snow that is. lol. iv been lookn to add them to my snowdogg.
  18. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Ill keep everyone updated on how they perform (hopefully soon). I cant wait to try them out.