1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowdogg welds

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RangerDogg, Jan 14, 2009.

1. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Make sure to register you"re plow when you get it .I got email about some welds that the factory missed on the md 68 and md 75.Check with the dealer they are near the trip part of plow top and bottom.Keep plowin .

2. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Just had the weld on plow done in and out in 45 min .Weld and painted.

3. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I have not registered mine yet but im glad i read these forums. I did read about a guy that said his plastic snow deflector broke already, and wouldnt you know it mine broke this morning. I will not be putting a plastic one back on it thats for sure. I will have to say something to my dealer about the welds when i go out to rig a rubber deflector on mine and see if he has heard anything about the welds yet.

4. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Ya it says you have to register it no later than 6 months.Thats how i heard about my welds but allset know.What are you driven what size blade.Do you like the plow set up.

5. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I have a 05 1500 ram quad cab with the hemi engine. I have the md75. I like the plow. Have not had any problems other then the plastic snow deflector broke the other day. brillient idea putting plastic on the blade for that one, Have had the plow off twice now and is somewhat of a pain to get it all lined up to put back on truck, but other then that i like it.

6. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

does anyone have pics of "missing welds" We are a new dealer of Doggs and would like to see where the problem is so we can correct it before it leaves shop

7. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I dont have pic any more but its only o 68 and 75 where plow trips top and bottom on some of plows not all call snowdogg they should be able to send to you.

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

9. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

My Weld didnt hold!

The weld on mine went in the middle of an 18 hr. snowstorm. Damn. I had to farm out half my route and lost over $700 that morning. Man, I was pissed!

Got a shop to fix it, cuz the dealer told I'd be waiting all f in day!

Unreal. Anyway, its holdin up, but I guess the dealer has an order in for the replacement part.

Really wish that hadnt happened. And now Im kinda wondering wether I should have spent the extra money on a top of the line brand. Guess time will tell.

Rick
    Nelsen Lawn Service
    Westside Cleveland, OH