1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg VXF95 Install on My 02 Silverado Dually

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by mossman381, Feb 3, 2014.

1. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Video I put together of me installing a used Snowdogg VXF95 plow I just bought. It's not even one season old. I had to take off my Western stuff before I could install the Snowdogg. I am having a little trouble with the wiring. If anybody that watches the video knows how the wires should be hooked up I would appreciate the knowledge. One more thing I can't get it to lock in the straight position so I can run it like a straight blade. Is there something special you have to do to get it to lock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct8qKSAqGAc

Another video an overview of the plows condition and taking off the old decal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yuEKJo2k2s

And restoring the deflectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6OkvDorXsY

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I didn't install my own, so I don't have any answers for you there, sorry. But I do have my owners manual right next to me and it's got all of the wiring schematics in it if you'd like to see those. Let me know if you do.

3. mossman381

I have looked at the manual online and they have confused me with what wires go where. For instance there is a gray/black wire and a gray wire connected by the relay box. There is no reference to a gray/black wire just gray. Another thing is the 99-02 Silverado trucks have a switched ground system. I have the headlights working. And also I don't know if I need to ground the brown wire for the parking lights or I am suppose to hook them up to the parking lights and ground them. I have turn signals but they seem dim to me.

Video of the first run of the Snowdogg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxdi1S-vtLk

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Sorry, I swing a hammer for a living, not turn a wrench, so I'm of no help to you!

5. mossman381

That's ok. Hopefully someone that has a 99-02 chevy truck will see this post.

6. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Great video, sweet truck, sorry I can't help on the wiring but how do you like the dogg? I'm in the market for new blade.

7. mossman381

The only thing I don't really like about the plow as of now is the trip edge. I am coming from a old Western Unimount Pro straight blade and it had the trip blade. I plow on a lot of dirt. I am hoping that a set of shoes will help the trip edge not trip so much. So many guys have said how great it is. Maybe if you stay on pavement it is great.

[​IMG]

8. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  9. mossman381

Yes, I have the brown wires at the light adaptors grounded right now so that is right.

So do I connect the red/white wire to the gray wire by the relay box or the gray/black wire? This is where I am confused. They don't talk about a gray/black wire. Right now the gray wire and gray with black stripe are connected by the relay box. And the red/white wire is not connected to anything right now. I appreciate the help.

10. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

yes the gray needs to be connected to the red/white that makes it a switched ignition power

if that don't help ill go out and check mine , I tried going over my notes when I installed my last month

I had dim lights and weird stuff going on,

11. mossman381

Do you have a gray wire with a black stripe? Do I leave that not connected to anything? Or should I connect that with the red/white wire too? My headlights work great. But the parking/turn signals seem dim to me.

12. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

damm its snowing now,

this is what I got

wht/blk ,org, to ground
    black from solenoid to ground

red/wht to gray (female one)

13. mossman381

I really really appreciate your help man. I am going to hook it up and see what I got. Is there anything special you need to do to get it in straight mode. Maybe when I get these wires hooked up right that will work. Thanks again :D

14. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

15. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Mossman - I just switched my from a switched ground to non ground (Dodge to Ford), anyways send Smoorman a PM, he answers very fast and can help you out. If you are still having trouble I'll see if I can't find the pm he sent me about this a few months back.

16. mossman381

Here is my final video on the wiring. I have everything working. The only thing that seems a little off is the turn signals seem pretty dim to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJAoyRYscrc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  17. mossman381

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think the reason the headlight studs are so long is because they are a universal light offered by Buyers to fit multiple plows. But I do agree, that long stud does suck. I do use my highbeams often, but I also haven't adjusted the lights to the proper height on my new truck.

19. mossman381

With the lights adjusted up I can see. The high beams even work now :nod: Still might do an hid upgrade on the high beams.

20. mossman381