1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg vxf on a k5 blazer

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by olred13, Sep 29, 2014.

1. olred13

olred13 Junior Member

I have a snowdogg vxf 8.5 plow that i used on my dodge one ton last year. I have since sold the dodge and i want to install this plow on my k5 blazer with 3/4 ton running gear. Besides the steering box area is there anything else i need to be aware of when mounting this nearly 1000lb plow on the front of my blazer? I appreciate any help
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I couldn't tell you, but I'm curious to see some pics of it after you get it installed!
  3. olred13

olred13 Junior Member

I looked at boxing the frame up front but some poeple said that could lead to the frame cracking/breaking at where the box ended since the whole frame would not flex together so i might try adding some c channel in the areas where it will bolt up an extend it a little to try and spread the load out. If any one has some frame strengthening ideas i would appreciate it