1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg VX issue #64

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Smackit, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Smackit

Smackit Junior Member
    from 49437

Long story short version, right side retract does not retract. Went through and check wires, continuity, check coils and bought spares to try, cleaned all valves 3 times, bought new valves and replaced but still does not retract.

Only plow driveway, bought new and have nothing but issues since day one literally. Anything that can go wrong has with this plow. Everyone that carried the brand around me has dropped them except for 1 place and when I call them to get an appt. to look at it, there famous line is "just change the fluid and it will be fine". So 2 cases of fluid in less than a year and it still does not work right. I have been working on it on and off since this time last year when the lift packing crapped out and went through the whole thing.

Any suggestions anyone?:realmad:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Went through and check wires, continuity, check coils and bought spares to try, cleaned all valves 3 times, bought new valves and replaced but still does not retract

Ok, but you never stated if you cked for power and ground at the coils per the function? Could be a controller issue or wiring issues.

3. Smackit

Smackit Junior Member
    from 49437

Yes I have checked for power and ground at the coils as well per function. I am leaning towards the wiring issue as well but I have a hard time believing it to be a wiring issue if I have power at each coil for the functions. No sarcasm here - I really think it has to be a wiring issue but comprehend it if I have the power at the coils, I must just be missing something.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Are you using a test light or a meter?
    Test is better for these tests
    Have seen wiring issues on newer plows, so it still can be the case

5. Smackit

Smackit Junior Member
    from 49437

I was using a meter but can tryi it with a light as well. When I try to retract the right wing, the motor runs but it sounds like it dead heads or something is plugging the return of the fluid. A little more background - I started all this 1 year ago due to lift cylinder packing went bad and plugged up the screen. Everything worked before just really slow. So what sticks in my head is I missed something somewhere that contamination could accumulate as well. It will retract if I press the left angle button but not if I press the right retract.

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If that is the ONLY symptom (straight blade works fine) - than check S7 - Orange/White wire. Swap S6 and S7 and see if the problem moves to the other side.
    For Right retract - S7 is the only valve that is used. If it didn't open, everything would work EXCEPT for right retract (by itself and in going to VEE).

7. Smackit

Smackit Junior Member
    from 49437

Depends which reference you look in, one says S7 is Grn/Wht and one says Org/Wht. Either way I swapped the wires and it still does not retract.