1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowdogg vs poly's

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by smokin4by, Jan 21, 2010.

1. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

i have to admit there is something about these snowdogg plows that keeps making me think to give one a try.

but i have an odd question for you owners... how does this plow sound when your plowing? not too many video's on youtube yet. we have used poly boss, westerns and a few lexan snoways, and been very happy with the fact that all you hear are the hydro's and the cutting edge. a sub has had a snoway with their SS moldboard and we could hear him coming long before we could see him. it just sounded like a bag a cans dragging the ground. i know alot of it would have to do with how the moldboard is attached, but looking for some feedback from you guys who use them.

thanks in advance:waving:
  2. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

All I can hear is the mold board scraping, the heater blower motor and what ever I have on the radio or cd.
  3. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

The Dogg does have a pretty agresive attack angle. It likely gives a good scrape but I imagine it does add to the noise factor. My Fisher was silent... but thats because it left a thin layer of packed snow on the lot.
  4. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

Yes, it scrapes very good.It also scrapes good back dragging,not like a back blade but not bad.
  5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Heres a video of mine, Couple clips in and out of cab they are a bit noiser but I never hear any of that in the cab the only time I heard it is when I made this video. But I like my plow