1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg VS Meyer Hydraulics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by deere615, Mar 28, 2011.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Video i made here a little bit ago showing the difference between the 2 plows. In my opinion they are close but the snowdogg over all seems a bit faster.

The snowdogg has a sharper attack angle so it takes a little longer to go left/right. The meyer has a high lift pump and lifts higher that's way it takes a little longer to lift all the way up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1fXMBcoQnY

2. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

looks to me like the snow dogg is a little bit faster even though it has to go farther... And it looks to be 6-8 inches taller than the meyer

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like the Snow Dogg is a hair faster. Nice video by the way.

4. deere615

My same thoughts everyone always said meyers are slow mine is a newer one but its a good speed I think. Yeah height wise is a huge difference Snowdogg makes a big difference on those huge snowfalls.

5. deere615

Ya Thanks!

6. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

Yea your meyer is faster then my uncles but his is older. I would imagine that the height helps alot especially on the long pushes in deep snow.

7. deere615

Yeah the old E47s were slow but the new ones are nice. yeah the help and the deflector is nice, it really holds alot of snow. Thing did great plowing roads last year with the huge storm, we plowed a couple neighborhoods including about 10 streets around us, because towns couldn't keep up