1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg VMD75 on 2013 Tundra?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by zx900b, Sep 12, 2013.

1. zx900b

zx900b Junior Member

Looking for a 1/2-ton V-Plow for a 2013 Tundra for use on my personal driveway only. The local Toyota dealer runs a Meyer medium duty V, and Meyer officially supports the combination. Problem is the only decent Meyer dealer is an hour away. Lots of good SnowDogg support locally, but it looks like SnowDogg has very limited 1/2-ton truck compatibility for their 1/2-ton V. What to do, what to do? Thanks in advance for any feedback......

2. NTO

NTO Junior Member

Go with the VMD. I mounted it on my '09 Sierra and never had a problem. Traded in my truck a few weeks ago and now have a '13 Sierra 2500HD. The 1/2 ton plowed great with it and never had problems. I even bought Timbrens for it and never put them on.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Just your own drive? The Meyer, it's lighter so you won't have to mess with as mulch counterweight and there's mulch less left on the truck for the 90% of the time you won't have the plow mounted.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  4. Portdriver

Portdriver Junior Member

You gonna mount the VMD on the 2500?

5. kalcorn

kalcorn Junior Member
    from Moncton

the tundra will haul it easy , just put a leveling kit in if you are worried. i have installed them on three separate occasions . PM me with your email and i will send you a pic . thanks

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Snow Dogg 7.5' VMD weighs 700lb and I have scene Tundras with 7.5' Boss V's that weigh 700lb and they handle them fine. I would go with the Snow Dogg if I was you. The only thing that I would suggest is putting a leveling kit in.

7. NTO

NTO Junior Member

Yeah. Only problem I have is the subframe mount is a little different. Either I will have to modify the one I have or buy a brand new one and try to sell my 1/2 ton model.