1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg V-plow - wings and/or curb guard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sk187, Dec 31, 2013.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Does anyone know if wings are available for a vx85 plow? I have seen them for HD and EX models but nothing for the V series.

More important than wings to me would be a curb guard cutting edge as the property I plow is nothing but curb.

Curb guards like this [​IMG] for the vx series.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

3. mud

mud Senior Member

Last I checked you could get wings for the vx series plows but not the vxf plows. VXF wings are looking like preseason next year for availability according to Smoorman the buyers rep on this site.

As far as curb guards go. I have not seen anything on their website. I just ordered two sets one for each of my VXF's of universal ones off ebay. I will update when they get here and I have them on. 54 bucks each side shipping included for the ones I ordered.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I'm hoping the wings they come out with for the VXF's are tapered to match the angle of the blade itself, that would look bad-ass. I'm going to get a set whenever they do come out. 11'-6" of blade is a LOT of plowing productivity!

5. mud

mud Senior Member

I'll be picking up a set for both my 9'6 and 8'6 as well. This is the second time that they have been pushed back that I know of though. Hopefully they get done in time for next season. If not, Im building a set myself!

6. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Thats crazy, I swear it was not on there when I looked.

$720+shipping on eBay.

It would appear a curb guard will not work with the wings, and at this point I need a curb guard more.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  7. mud

mud Senior Member

You would need to modify the wings for sure to run a curb guard. Not haveing seen a set in person though I would think it would just be the rubber edge on the wing that would need to be cut down some. There has to be a way to make it work.

8. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Are wings as sturdy as the actual plow?

I have never used them but they don't seem like they could take the abuse of running along curbs and bumping into them on occasion.

9. mud

mud Senior Member

From what I understand of them the pin on top that locks them into place is a shear pin and will break before damaging the wings. Running them along the curb would most likely shear that pin.

10. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't run wings along curbs. You could probably have some curb guards welded up that would work for a season or so

11. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Do you have a link to the guards you bought?
    All I can find are Meyers guards that are universal but I think that means just universal for Meyers.

You can see them at http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...i_sku=507044&gclid=CPHgnd-W6rsCFepQOgodFjYAvQ

12. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

13. mud

mud Senior Member

14. mud

mud Senior Member

I will let you know if they fit when it warms up a little later this week.