1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg v plow.... How tough are they???

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RAW Details, May 31, 2011.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

With doing sub contracting im not too sure about buying a truck with a snowdogg plow on it. Can they take a beating? Are they junk? The truck im looking at has a "v" plow on it. Both truck and plow are in great shape but just dont know anything about the snowdogg's. Any info would be great! Thanks in advance!!!! Oh and how easy is it to get parts for them other than on the internet????

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

There were some issued with the V plow 2 yrs ago...hydraulic issues that have since been fixed. As far as toughness I have yet to see one torn up

3. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

Well its a "vx" series but i know nothing about them..... Little help guys!

4. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well I got a guy over buy me whom loves his 9.5 vee. He also wi;ll install out of his own garage.He gets all his stuff direct from dogg and is a trial /experimental for dogg. He says except for the hydro issues back a while like jim says from ESI. My freind says he'll put his up against to just about any thing >>>> Plus who else besides FISHER has a SS plow....

5. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Take my advice for what it is....A Rookie...I bought a 7.5HD last year, first plow. I bought it because of the local rep, the price and Buyers is local to me in Cleveland. I have been very pleased. Everything on the plow looks beefier than the other plows I looked at. A neighbor a few doors down heard I was buying one (Meyer guy) and he right away commented "oh, a light duty plow" and I let it slide. He quickly corrected himself when I set it down next to his Meyer, he was impressed. From pivot pins, to edge thickness, hydraulics, cartridge valves...etc. The factory has also been very responsive when I have questions or concerns. If you have strong local support, I don't thing you will go wrong.

6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

See post like this make a company smile with such good comments.But then again there is enough bad comments on here to so called choke a horse and not just snowdogg either all of the other ones get alot of bad comments and not as much support either from dealer or the manufacture.Snowdogg has come a long way and ther company support and backing speak louder than some others.JMO Jim from ESI is a proud supporter of them so I say KUDOS to SNOWDOGGThumbs Up