1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg v or boss v ??????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by App SnowRemoval, Nov 29, 2010.

1. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

I am looking at buying my plow on wednesday since i finally got everything lined up. I am looking at getting a snow dogg 8.5 v plow for 4350 shipped or i can get a boss locally with a warranty for 5500 installed. I am kindy leaning towards the boss just because it is a better plow in general and i have a dealer here. The closet snow dogg dealer is 35 mins away and i am kindy worried about how realible they are. Also the boss will be a 8'2"power v not a power vxt.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I got a power V
    dealer service and support is more important then brand
  3. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

anybody got any suggestions
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Both are great plows with very fast hydraulics. One is a trip edge, one is a full trip - is that of importance to you? Does the Boss quote include Smart Lock Cylinders? The Snowdogg has hydraulic return (double acting cylinders) for the wings whereas the Boss uses a spring. Boss is a direct lift, the Dogg is a chain lift (important to you?).

Personally - from what I've seen on this board and from speaking with 3 different dealers the Snowdogg is a great plow with great support. The early model VX's had valve issues that have since been fixed and the issues were dealt with quickly. Sure any plow will have problems, so I'm not saying they are problem free. For the amount saved I think they are an all around great plow- they are very well built as well.

The Boss is also great. They are built very well and depending on your dealer, they also have excellent support. I personally run into problems locally since most don't deal with Boss. I have to travel a good distance for anything my shop's plow needs. Granted we haven't needed anything except for a cutting edge. The Boss V is simple with less technically to go wrong. On the same token you'd expect (at least I do) them to be cheaper because of this, but they get a premium for them.

Your looking at the same 2 V plows I've narrowed it down to as well. The only thing that is holding me up is if I want to try out a full trip plow rather than staying with a trip edge. Hope my post helped rather than making it more difficult! LOL
  5. WhiteOuts

WhiteOuts Junior Member

I would Go with the Boss. They have been around awhile and are well built. I've heard nothing but problems with the SnowDog and they recently got sued. The Boss will cost more but from what I have seen in the field they are solid. Usually you get what you pay for.
  6. needmoresnow

needmoresnow Member

Wow 5500 seams high for the boss I got a 9'2" v xt and it was only like $4800 plus tax , but I guess different area different prices But for the record I really like my boss
  7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

simply the boss!
  8. spy0068

spy0068 Junior Member

Where are you getting the Snowdogg from for that price??????????

9. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

boss!!!!! i bought one and ive loved it
  10. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Boss "V" is The Greatest.......:waving:
  11. Matson Snow

Snowdogg "V" is the Greatest......:rolleyes:
  12. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Attached mold board verse welded? U gut alot more strength when welded. I'm not impressed by snowdogg plows. I'm not even unpressed by Boss poly plows. But you can't beat a Boss superduty
  13. Matson Snow

Wait a Minute....Boss "V" is the Cats Meow.......:nod:
  14. Matson Snow

Oh No its Not......Snowdogg is The Greatest "V" ever Made.....:rolleyes:
  15. Matson Snow

Opinions vary Widely....I dont think you can go wrong with eather....Like many have said..It boils down to dealer support....Good Luck with your Purchase....:salute:....payup
  16. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

There is a reason Boss sells so many Vs. I would suggest you go down to that dealer and take a good hard look at that Power V plow, especially if the dealer is close to you and is a good dealer.
  17. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

boss v plow
  18. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Looking for the price

Where'd you pickup the 9.2 for $4800? like to grab one of those.. just traded by rig and need to get ready for the next big push.