1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowdogg toggle switch meltdown

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jonnyrooster, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jonnyrooster

jonnyrooster Junior Member

Hi,
    Long time reader, first time poster,
    Heres my issue, I have a '04 chev colorado with a Snowdogg MD 7.5 installed 10/2010 myself, all has worked great since install with the exception of some fuse blowing which was corrected with a service bulletin to up the fuse to 15A. no problems since then. untill now, as I finished plowing the other day, I went to drop the plow and turn off the controller with the toggle switch and the toggle had a meltdown, this was installed with the option 1 in the install manual, I replaced the toggle with a high capacity toggle and now while plowing the toggle gets very warm, almost hot. I am considering using the option 2 and install it directly to a switched 12V. Seems to work well as before, just gets very warm.
    Any help or ideas would appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. jonnyrooster

jonnyrooster Junior Member

Hi,
    Hoping Scott Moorman (smoorman) will see this and give a reply