1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg rep if available

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Snowdawg48865, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Snowdawg48865

Snowdawg48865 Junior Member

I have a 2002 gmc 1500hd, its a crew cab shortbox, 6.0 engine with the 4l80 trans I belive the same as the 2500 series truck. I tried the plow selector on the snowdogg site but it will not let me select the 6.0 engine, and I might be wrong but I think the front end is rated at 4500, will it handle a ex75 or 80?

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yes it will - looks like a glitch in the selector. It's the 2500/3500 frame (16062150) - and it will support up to an EX80 with no problem (4500 FAWR). About 650lbs of ballast recommended.

I'm working on it (the selector) right now.

Scott

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. Snowdawg48865

Sounds good,Thanks for the fast reply.

4. ffemt911

ffemt911 Junior Member

scott... few ?'s for you

Scott -

I was reading some threds on here & in 1 spot you suggested a HD75 to a HT owner - however on another thread you suggested only the MD on the 1500... amd I to assume when you sugested the HD75 you meant only w/the HD or plow/prep pkg?

also - it appears you suggest timbrens (I have a 2005 1500 ext cab 6.5' bed)

are there ANY pics out there of what a chevy will look like withOUT the plow on it? (offseason appearance)

I am leaning towards the MD75 as I really only intend on my driveway & my parents... but it looks like once I pick up the blade it would block the plow's headlights... any comment on same?

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

For your needs, an MD75 should do just fine. It will not block the lights (the picture you saw may have had older, shorter light brackets). With the MD you can probably get away without using Timbrens, but it really depends on the truck. GM's sag a lot.

I don't have any pics of a 1500 without the plow. Someone else on the sight might (anyone?).

Scott

6. ffemt911

ffemt911 Junior Member

thanks scott...

ANYONE HAVE PICS of ANY Chevy w/o the plow on it - just trying to get an iea how it will look in the offseason

do I need to cut the bumper like w/the competitors?

thanks in advance

7. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

Mr. Moorman,
    I was selecting a snowdogg plow for my 2001 chevy s10 ext cab with the Zr2 (RPO offroad) package on the snowdogg site and did not see any options for the zr2 package. The frames are a bit different in the front. The Fisher (MM1) mounts I have for my current plow are different for the zr2 then the regular s10 just as an example. Before I go to the local snowdogg dealer, I was just hoping for some more info. Im interested in the MD68 plow.
    Also- any pictures of the mounts would be helpful.
    thanks, Steve.

8. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

bump to the top...

I contacted my local fisher/snowdogg dealer who was extremely helpful but he could not find any information reguarding fitment problems. We discussed the differences between fisher and Snowdogg and it seems the attack angle doesn't really change for the snowdogg on the zr2/highrider where it does on the fisher (thus why fisher doesn't make mounts for the zr2), so the mounts wouldn't be too different. The problem that would need to be addressed is the mounting locations for the under carraige.
    If you have any information on this, it would be helpful.

9. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Our mount does fit on the ZR2 (we've brought in several to specifically evalute it). It's partly in how we mount to the frame, and as you pointed out we do have a pretty wide range of height adjustment available.

Scott

10. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

So there would be no modification to the under carraige mounts? that is good to hear.
    Are there any diagrams availible that illustrate what the mounts look like and how they attach to the frame? I could not find any on snow dogg's website. One of the selling points to me would be of ease of installation seeing the mounts would have to be removed for the offseason when my truck sees offroad trails.
    I was quoted $3500 installed which if I wait for an end of season sale I might be very interested in buying a MD68.

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

http://www.snowdoggplows.com/ServiceManuals/16062315INST_A.pdf

12. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

thanks!. After I posted that I looked one more time and found it. I was over looking the GM section on the manuals main menu look up.

your help is greatly appreciated. Not to many people factor in the zr2 package and it looks like snow dogg has done that with the design of the attack angle and the way the plow mounts. It looks a little time consuming to mount but worth it. Hopefully theres a good sale price at the end of this season and I can afford the md68. Snow Dogg has my attention and will 90% most likely be my next plow choice.

13. BrewCityTommy

BrewCityTommy Member

i just bought a vx85 and im having a bit of trouble with taking it off. i looked at the manual and, i think my installer may have made a mistake. the lift frame prop is under the frame, not i front of it, so when i try to put the jack into the plate, the prop hits the bottom of the frame and block the jack from being inserted. there is a bolt and thread on the end of the prop and i think if i adjust it and put it back on, i could put it where it belongs. is there anything you could send me or direct me to to help me dismount? thanks.

14. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

hmmm... When the jack is inserted, the prop stand should lift up. When the plow is taken off, the lift frame rotates down until it rests against the bolt. That's how it SHOULD work.

If the plow is mounted too low on the truck, the prop stand might not clear the lift frame when it rotates up. OR - you might just need to screw that bolt in (or worst case take it out). You shouldn't need to remove the prop stand to do that.

The A-frame on the plow should be pretty much level to ensure proper cutting edge wear.

15. 50chevtrk

50chevtrk Junior Member

Hey Scott , i just purchased the hd 75 i installed it myself but after getting it home i noticed that
    as for the shipping there are 2 bolts put in place [ on the light frame ] that must be hand tight .
    the thing is that 1 bolt was missing and 1 washer and both nuts , the other thing was the frame mount on the truck calls for 18 bolts and nuts i got 18 bolts and 10 nuts my dealer is an hour away kinda troublesome to spend that amount of money then run to the hardware store to finish the asmembly.
    and buy the way thanks for the hat. chris

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You want them to be cheaper:eek: they have an amazing price structure as it is. They get much cheaper they will be free then how are they going to pay Scott's salary:confused: Then he'll be out stealing contracts from hard working plowers like yourself:laughing:

17. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

:laughing:

Im not expecting a huge sale, but maybe 2-300 dollars off may happen. For someone like myslef that plows for homeonwer use and maybe a few family drives, every penny counts. haha.
    $3000 is a huge investment for a college student and Im in no rush to buy a plow so why not wait and see what happens.

18. BrewCityTommy

BrewCityTommy Member

I will attempt to screw that bolt in- i just need a 1/4" of more clearance!! it fell under and when i lifted the plow to move my truck, it hit the lift frame and bent the pin holding it in place. Its not the design, its my installer, i dont think they did a quality job-or that prop wouldnt have been able to get under the frame-but im a newbie-what do i know- this is my first v-plow and 2nd plow all together. I wont blame anyone but my in-experience until i see how the installer handles this- smoorman been a big help, which is as important as the plow. You know when i checked out the plow after the install- i asked the guy for quick run down of dismount- i asked what the prop was and he didnt even know!! he said it might be to rest the plow on when its off! i then said id just call if i had any problems. Is the prop supposed to lay down during use/transport or be tilted up with the pin- they had it tilted up with the pin holding it when they gave my truck back.

19. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

That prop stand should be laying flat when the plow is off the truck.

20. Snowdawg48865

This is a 02 gmc 1500hd without the plow on, I had to make four small slits in the plastic piece that holds the fog lights on it was really simple and looks good too.

truck5.jpg