1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg Plow Wings

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by John143, Nov 11, 2012.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Who has a pair on a 8ft HD and knows how much the set of wings weigh?? From what i understand the 8Ft HD weights in at 700 lb's. My dealer told me to bring my new HD back and he'd trade it on on a 8-10 footer. Problem is they are around 1100 lb's. I'm maxing my truck now with the 8 ft er. So im thinking the 8ft HD with wings should be alot less then 1100 lb's with the both together.

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I can carry both of my Buyers Pro wings, one in each hand. They add 18".

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

There is no way the wings are more than 150 lbs. And even that is probably too much. Snow dogg's 8-10 plow is a scoop plow you know, right.

4. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Can you windrow with it? I'm going to the dealer in the morning to check them out. He told me it would be cheaper to trade my new plow in now before I use it and upgrade to the 8-10 ft. He said the wings are like $700.00 bucks. I been looking online and I can't really find anyone selling the wings not alone find a price.

5. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

However, whats more important then the price is the weight. So even at 150 lb's thats only 850. Still a big difference then 1100 lb's. I think i may just get the wings at this point.

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Why don't you just get a 9' plow

7. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

A couple of my lots have a narrow side lots. Anything bigger then a 8ft plow I wouldn't get in. With the wings I can take them off for those lots.