1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg plow for a Tacoma

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by desearth, Feb 24, 2010.

1. desearth

desearth Junior Member
    from PA

Hey everyone...

Been going crazy looking for a plow for my 2005 tacoma double cab... been looking at the blizzard(3800+0, western suburban (3800+), snoways (5000+) and others.. somebody on the forum told me about the snowdogg... started looking into them and I’m very impressed with the plow and price.. could anyone who has one the MD let me know what you think of them. I was also looking for some pictures of the mounting brackets on the truck without the plow..and could anyone tell me how the tacoma handles with a 380 pound plow on the front. Thanks... any help would be greatly appreciated..

2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I'd stay clear of Snowdogg... not too many happy customer that do more than just their driveway at which point invest in a snow blower.

for an 05 Taco, look at a Snoway with DP or the Blizzard. Both are lighter, but the snoway offers DP which helps a little.

Overall Snoway has had alot of issues on this site due to its mega blade which has tarnished its reputation and I would steer clear of them. But I still use a snoway on my dakota as its the best blade out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110497875660
    Thats a used one. I'd say Basher is your bet if your in SE PA. His price is all inclusive, some of the estimates I had for other brands weren't, so you want to make sure you are comparing apples to apples.