1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg plow for 2004 Yukon Denali??

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by KAB55, Dec 26, 2008.

1. KAB55

KAB55 Junior Member

Is there a Snowdogg application for a 2004 Yukon Denali? My local dealer (Scientific Brake in Saginaw Mi) says that they can't put one on because Buyers doesn't list the Denali. It's a 1/2 ton Yukon with the Denali trim package so I'm at a loss as to why not. They want to sell me a Western surburbanite, but I like the Snowdogg better. Can one be installed and if so what model and where can I get it installed.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  2. frozenokiewi

frozenokiewi Junior Member

Yes and snow dogg is the answer

I have a Suburban, same body style as yours just longer. I plowed for years with Tahoe and you will love the short wheelbase. Have your dealer call snow dogg, I am sure Scott will see this post and reply. He is an engineer at snow dogg and has helped me out a lot. With the short wheel base be sure you buy about 400 pounds of sand for the cargo area. I used salt but be careful humidity can make the bags leach water into your carpet and I found the sand tubes are way easier to move in and out as needed. If you go to a local fleet farm, tractor supply or store like that you can get a plastic SUV tray for the cargo area. the sand will slide around unless you toss it in one of those trays. The tray will easily strap into the floor anchors for the cargo net in the back of the Denali. You will love the snow dogg and it will work great on your truck, the only thing I can think of you may run into is the lower facia on the Denali, they are fully painted and lower then the the Suburbans and Yukons. They will have to cut it or at least notch it to fit the mount to the frame. Good luck and hope this helped. :) Oh and the model you are looking for is the Snow Dogg MD-75 i have been running 1500 seriesGM trucks for years and it's 200 pounds lighter than the Western. If your dealer won't help you call Caspers Truck Service in Appleton, Wi

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  3. KAB55

KAB55 Junior Member

Had the MD75 installed last Friday. Have only got a chance to use it 3 times so far, but it works very well on the Yukon Denali. The squat when I lift the plow is only a couple of inches. Didn't require much trimming of the bumper, only the very lower portion. Haven't removed it yet as it's been snowing every day, so we'll have to see how that goes. I am only using in my own office parking lot, so I expect it to hold up along time. Put 240lbs of sand in the back and had no problems clearing 4 inches today or pushing some of the old stuff back on Friday with out the sand. The only complaint I have is that the installer didn't bother to aim the headlights or reconnect my fog lamps, in fact didn't even tighten the plow lights up. Had to stand out in the cold the other night and align them as well as crawl under the truck to determine why the fog lamps weren't working.. Other than that I'm very pleased with the SnowDogg thus far, especially the way it backdrags, as my lot requires a fair amount of it. I don't think that the Western Suburbinite would perform as well.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. frozenokiewi

frozenokiewi Junior Member

It's all about the dealer

I have had a few issues with a dealer in the past...I have been doing business with caspers in Appleton and they have been great. Scott from Buyers is great and so are their products. A good dealer will make sure you are ready out of the gate, they are either swamped or lazy but make sure the dealer takes care of you on those issues you paid them to. Good luck and glad you like the plow I love mine.
  5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

how bout some pictures!!
  6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sorry about that - I missed this whole thread somehow. Obviously you already figured out that you CAN put a plow on it - but it's not recommended. It's just a matter of weight, and we're fairly conservative with our numbers as we don't want to break anyone's truck. A lot of the upscale trim packages add +80lb to the vehicle weight - which might be enough to put it over the edge.

That said, we use 400lbs of passenger weight in our calculations.

I'm glad to hear its working well for you.

Scott Moorman
    BPC / SnowDogg