1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg or Fisher for personal use on Jeep Wrangler?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Aveerainc, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Sold my 1997 Jeep Wrangler today and it had a Meyers plow- worked well for 4 years other than replacing the touch pad controller.

So now I'm adding a plow to my 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4 door and have narrowed down the search between Fisher and Snowdogg and I'm ready to pull the trigger Wednesday. Any thoughts either way? This will be used for my own driveway which is 700' and a bit steep at one point. Looking at the SnowDogg MD75 model.

Fisher dealer is 20 minutes away, SnowDogg is 30 minutes away. Meyer dealer now sells SnowDogg otherwise I'd consider a Meyer again...

Thx,
    Joe

2. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

I have always run Fisher, They are great plows. This year I bought a SSvx85 snowdoogg It was a lot cheaper so I figured I try it out. I love this blade. After 2 big snow storms this blade is the best I have ever had. jmo.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Since you are in Fisher country....I say Fisher.....But the Snowpuppy looks like it could hold up to the Homeowner Uses.......:salute:

4. gene03079

gene03079 Junior Member

Was that you with the Silver Wrangler?

I sold my 97 on Monday and had a Snowdogg MD68 put on my 08 today. I had Candia do the job.

5. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Yes, that was my silver 08 unlimited sahara getting the md75 installed yesterday. Very pleased with the install and the plow looks like its well made. Candia did the meyers on my 97 a few years ago and I highly recommend them.

6. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Gene - btw I'm just next door in 03087 :)

7. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

Love my DOGG. The Stainless Steel blade shows no signs of rust or tarnish. Very fast angle adjustment and fast up/down. Comes with the curl blade on the top at no extra charge. Whatever you choose remember to add "No Sieze" to all bolts on both the mount and blade assy. This will allow for the thing to be disassembled without distroying the hardware. Also use the dielectric grease on all the plugs end to keep out moisture and prevent corrosion.

8. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I went with the MD75 for my 2008 4 door wrangler and could not be more pleased. I put it through it's paces this weekend with the nor'easter and the set up exceeded my expectations. I also purchased a new set of cable chains and installed them but I really don't think I'll need them often - the extra weight of the 4 door wrangler provides a lot of traction.

9. gene03079

gene03079 Junior Member

My MD68 did well today on the Wrangler

08 jeep 004 (Medium).jpg

08 jeep 002 (Medium).jpg

10. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Looks great Gene. Any problems with traction? I have a long & steep run and don't know if I can make it back up the driveway hence the cable chains.

11. gene03079

gene03079 Junior Member

My area was flat so no traction problems yet.