1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg or Alternative

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ncpabill, Oct 19, 2013.

1. ncpabill

ncpabill Junior Member
    from PA

I am looking to purchase a home owner use plow for my 2006 Toyota Tacoma. Thanks to all who have posted before - my eyes are tired! It would appear that I can get a Fisher Homesteader or a Snow Dogg plow for about the same price, delivered (different vendors). I will be plowing my place only, but am tired of the 4 wheeler system (and my son, the operator, went to college!). Cost is an important consideration, and the best product for it's intended purpose is as well. I will not be hiring out, etc.

Which would you choose? If not one of these, which other entry level homeowner plow would you recommend?

Thanks again for the help, past and future.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would go with a Snow Dogg MD or a Boss Sport Duty. The Fisher Homesteader doesn't impress me at all. I don't know if you could find a dealer to mount one but, a 7.5' Fisher HT would be perfect on a Tacoma IMO.
  3. ncpabill

ncpabill Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks for the reply. I'll check them out.