1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowdogg on nissan frontier

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by treeman31, Feb 12, 2010.

1. treeman31

treeman31 Junior Member

Hi all, looking for some advice. Been reading everyone's 2 cents on every plow brand around and my head's spinning. I need a plow on my Nissan Frontier to do a few driveways and looking at a Snowdogg MD68. Now before all the Boss, Western, and Meyers guys jump all over me, I don't want to spend too much and we don't get snow in Pittsburgh like in Boston, Minnesota, etc - typically less than 6", occasionally more. Thought about a Snowbear, but they're not approved for onroad travel. I understand insurance may not cover an accident because they're not DOT approved or crash tested. I will need to go 10+ miles to hit some driveways for the fam. Thoughts on Snowdoggs? Can I save $400 and install it easily myself?

Thanks!