1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg MD75 Leaking

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by k2krunch, Jan 3, 2010.

1. k2krunch

k2krunch Junior Member

I'm hoping that Scott Moorman reads this.

After a year of continuous leak problems with a Meyer plow, I had my dealer swap it out for a MD75. Here's my Meyer rant.

I picked up my SnowDogg on 12/21 and have plowed maybe 3 times and I've been happy as a lark.

However, I noticed this morning that there was blue hydraulic fluid leaking from the Angle/Lift Port Fittings and also from the Coil/SA/SB/SC valves. I've also noticed a decrease in the quickness of the plow. I only plow my driveway and am not hard on the plow. Everything seems tight to me.

I've been singing the praises of SnowDogg, but this has me a bit concerned. My dealer is over an hour away and down a mountain pass. I was hoping to not have to deal with this leak issue again.

I'll be calling the dealer's warranty department tomorrow.

Any help or advice?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Make sure the fluid reservoir is not overfilled. Should only be about 1/2 full. It is leaking out of the vent port by the coils, making you think it is leaking elsewhere. Mine was doing the EXACT same thing, drained the reservoir down to about 1/2 full and it has been cake ever since. Plus with it being new, it will also be burping the air out of the hydraulics, causing it to leak as well

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sydenstricker is correct about what the leak probably is. All those fittings should checked and retightened after a couple hours of plowing as well.

4. k2krunch

k2krunch Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I will investigate with the dealer and let you know.

thanks again!