1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg MD75/HD75 Blade & Back drag edge for Sale

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by andyman5001, Jan 1, 2012.

1. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

2. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Question

Hey,

I've never seen one of these (back drag) installed. What is it's benefit of having one and do you have a picture of one installed? The dogg schematic isn't really a clear pic of it.
    My MD75 does great back dragging parking spaces with out one? Is it just to scape the pavement at the correct angle?

Johnny

3. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Sorry, no pic, I never found the time to install them. They are supposed to create a better cutting angle to bite into the packed or heavy snow. I had a problem occasionally having the plow float along top of the packed snow instead of scraping all the way down to the cement. You might not have a problem up as high as you are, but we can get a very heavy wet snow that is quite stubborn at times.

Andyman

4. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Ok if your not sure as to Install those two blades it's easy. first of all the plow blade goes on first and then you line up the holes for the back drag edge which is mounted on the back side of the mold board. then put bolts thru the front blade and the back edge and put lock washer and nut on to hold on. Ajust the back drag edge by puttin it level with front blade and then snugg up and tighten. I would double nut or use NYLOC nuts.............

5. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Back Drag

Hi Irish, I'm Irish too and Irish it would snow here!
    Do you have a back drag bar on yours? Is it a nice accesory or a waste to install one?
    Johnny Mc

6. DIRISHMAN

Yes I have one on my western .and like you said it has a tendecy to float over snow sometime before the edge was put on plus no offence that plow is light to begin with like mine. So is it a waste of time to install and have on ......NO in my opinion plus it's better for bustin loose thew hard pact stuff.

put in on and if ya don't like it easy enough to take off

7. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Shipping

I have a Toro 180 Power Clear I would trade you but I think we have more in shipping than either is worth!! Unless you have some shipping connections?
    JD

8. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Yeah, I would have done it, but shipping would kill us both. Thanks for the offer. Hopefully someone closer has a snowdogg that's wearing a little low. I am willing to separate as well.

9. andyman5001

andyman5001 Member
    from NE Ohio

Sold!!!!!!!!

10. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Tank you very much

11. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

I'll get you a picture in a few min. I installed one on my md.

12. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Here ya go, sorry currently my truck is performing its winter duties.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. DIRISHMAN

Hello woject plow looks Good all snowed up .... I will be back at your shop for that VEE we talked about....

If any one wants to knowt these guys Chi-town and Plowfixguy are awsome People to deal with and very knowledgeable on all plows and are super to do business with.So don't hesitate to buy a plow or parts from these guys.....................................Dennis Mac

14. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Thanks Dennis!!!!
    Really appreciate the comment. Was great having you and your guys come up and see us! Just let us know when you're ready!

Wojtek

15. DIRISHMAN

You Are Most Welcome Wojtek. I only Speak the Truth and what I know and believe