1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg MD68 lighting issues

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ehurst, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Ehurst

Ehurst Junior Member

Good evening gentlemen,

I purchased and had installed on my 2004 Chevy S-10 Blazer a brand new Snowdogg MD68 last Friday. I love it! It weighs WAY less than my Western did and the hydraulics are super fast. Plus it looks great too.

I won't be mentioning where I bought it because I am very upset about the quality of the installation that was done.

Besides the fact that they left a bird nest of loose wires under my hood and the guy rammed the BRAND NEW plow bracket into a car hoist and bent it. Sorry, had to vent!

O.K. Here is my main issue. When I use my turn signals all of the plow lights dim and get bright, dim and get bright, in tune with the turn signal flasher. I checked the wiring schematic and it all appears to be wired properly. And I am aware I have one of the evil "switched ground" vehicles. That looks right also.

Also, when I push the 4 way flasher button down it cancels out the plow lights and turns the truck headlights back on. WTF?

Please, any advice would be so appreciated. I just don't really want these hacks working on my truck again.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I can't answer your question, but if it were me, I'd take it straight back to where you had it installed. You paid for a professional installation and there's no way I would accept a new plow installed by them that didn't work perfectly. It's THEIR responsibility to make it right.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a gnd issue. Start at the main, make sure it's good and in a good spot. Then I would look into the headlight gnds.

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If you are concerned I would definitely take it back to the installer before you start messing with wires. It makes it much harder to troubleshoot.

If that's not possible for some reason, give us a call at 866-974-3644 and Jim can help you out.

Scott

5. Ehurst

Ehurst Junior Member

RE: MD68 light issues

Scott,

Thanks for your help and advice this morning. I'm happy to hear you will help me out with this fix. I'll let you know how it goes.

Great customer service!! ussmileyflag

6. Ehurst

Ehurst Junior Member

RE: MD68 light issues

Thanks to all that replied. Nice to see a helpful place to go with a problem. I appreciate all your advice. :waving:

7. landscaper62

landscaper62 Junior Member
    from halifax

I have a 2004 f250 5.4 gas 4x4 standard cab long bed.. It only has 4000 lb front spring weight. I ordered Timbren suspension helpers for it.... The snow dogg plow rep said I needed the snow plow package in order for the lights to work.. Any one heard of this ??

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Not sure who you talked to - but either they didn't make themselves clear or were misunderstood. You can hook lights on any truck - with or without plow prep. They may have been saying you needed the SnowDogg headlight adapter specific to your truck.

So don't worry about the lights - those should be fine. Your real problem is the front end. We don't show applications below 4800lbs - so a 4000lb front end is really light. With a 4400lb you could likely get an HD75 on without a problem, but with 4000 I'd be very concerned about exceeding your axle rating.

9. landscaper62

from halifax

My local Buyers retailer talked with , who he said was a tech. for the snow plows . the truck does have a 4000 lbs front GAWR. I purchased Timbren suspension enhancers to make up for the factory weight limit.

10. landscaper62

from halifax

I will also be using weight behind the rear axle as a ballast..