1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg md series? Or western hts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TheYardBarber, Oct 27, 2014.

1. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Which one would you get?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I'd go Snowdogg MD. Got to a dealer that sells both and look at them both. For me it would be a no-brainer. But again, that's just me.

3. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

That's what I'm thinking. I'm about 99% heading toward it.

I was having an airflo plow put on but they messed up the wiring so I have to take it to dodge to get fixed( their paying for it) then I'm getting a different plow

4. JustJeff

Actually, more importantly, which dealer will give you better service?

5. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

There's a Western close by. And snowdogg is about an hour and a half. The snowdogg place has just about every part in Stock where the western might have to order.

They have another snowdogg dealer about 50 min away but I don't think they stock as much.

6. JustJeff

What kind of vehicle are you planning to put it on?

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Western HTS has a feature where you can lock plow down. So it wont float up will scrape better then the SnowDogg
    I seen both at a show I would pick the Western But if you was comparing the HTS to the HD Snowdogg I pick the HD I installed a HD on a 1500 chevy
    I place I bought the Snowdog Told me the MD wont take Commercial plowing and was much price difference

8. Psipressure

Psipressure Junior Member

I just put the Western Hts on my Gmc 1500. Have not had any snow yet. We will see how it performs this winter. To me, it seems like a great product.

9. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

2009 dodge ram 1500 quad cab with 5.7

10. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Ok Im definitely getting the md series snowdog. Now I have to decide weather to get the 7.5' or 8' .....

11. JustJeff

It's a 39 lb difference, go with the eight footer. I had an '07 Ram with a hemi, your truck will hold it just fine.

12. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.