1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowdogg md 75 review

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by matt500_99, Jul 15, 2011.

1. matt500_99

matt500_99 Junior Member

purchased plow in august 2010. I have a 97 f150with 5.4l. dealer told me md 75 is what my truck takes ok. had plow installed the plow is way to lite for truck had springs tighten all the way. but still folds over to easy. good for a ranger or s10 just not enough springs for the plow on a fullsize ford. dont waste your money on it get a heve duty. now i need to trade in take a loss and buy a heavier plow.

2. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Sounds to me your plow angle is off. Meaning your mount needs to be adjusted down. The bottom push bar should be 9 inchs off the ground. If I were to guess this is probably your first plow, I would save your negative comments until you get a clue on what your doing, and how to properly set up your own plow. I own many snow dogg plows and one of them is a Md75, it plows a 23 acre mall. Only problem I ever had was a sticky valve.

3. matt500_99

matt500_99 Junior Member

this is not my first plow i have had two other fisher plows. and i have been to the dealer who installed it. unless your tellig me snowdogg dose not care if the dealers knows what there doing. maby you should save your negitve comments. two trip springs is not enough for the 5.4l by the way i have plowed for ten years.however this is my first plow that the whole blade trips.

4. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

.. Why did you have a dealer install it. I install all of my own plows so I know how to fix them when they break. Snow dogg can't help that some dealer had a 18 year old kid install your plow incorrectly. You need to take a tape measure outside on a level, and flat surface and make sure that your push bar is 9 inchs off the ground and leave plenty of slack in the chain so u can stack higher, remember your plow doesn't have to lift to the sky, just a couple inchs off the ground. The more slack in the chain the higher you can stack.

5. matt500_99

matt500_99 Junior Member

i did not install the plow for the reason i purchased a home and needed to work on that plus work full time job.the road is private there is no road association so also need to help pitch in to work on that. just not enough time before winter to do it. so i had the dealer install it. the push bar is 8 3/4 inches and cant go any higher. there is not much to a plow to figure out when they break to fix them if your mechanically incinlined. weather it is the old electric over hydraulic or hydro pump off the motor or new plows the problem is that the blade trips and i end up pushing it folded over it dose this when the snow is say 6-8 inches hevay wet snow dep snow is ok there is enough snow piled up to keep it up rite but most storms are not 16 inches or more we get a lot of small storms

6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

The MD 75 is a lite plow for heavy snow. It can do a good job if you take your time, I put one on my sons 98 Tahoe and he does a lot of work with it just needs to take his time. A heaver plow would work better but you would have to work on the front suspension of your F150 or you will be dragging the plow/frame when driving.
    Try modifying your plowing habits next season and see what happens.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Explain this theroy please???:confused:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

In my opinion, the Snow Dogg MD is the best light duty plow on the market when you factor price of the plow to benefits you get

9. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Well its very simple...... The more chain length you have equals more range of movement. If you have more slack in the chain your plow will stack higher. Less chain equals less range of movement which equals less stacking height.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:laughing::laughing:You should re-examine your thinking on this. Have you ever tried to push a chain???

11. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

You got it all figured out basher... Go plow your driveways... I'm too tired to argue with punks on the internet anymore.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But that is a moot point since you're arguing with me. I think the issue is you don't know **** about what you are talking about so are hiding behind troll responses..

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

:popcorn:..........

14. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Basher I'm sorry you don't understand what I'm talking about, I never meant to affend you by saying it was simple. I feel that you were very rude with your laughing comment. Everyone doesn't have to agree on every subject, and never will. You asked a question, I anwsered the question to the best of my ability with the experience with the snowdogg Md75. I thought it was very simple saying that if you have more chain your plow can raise higher on its own after you hit the snow pile and the plow continues to lift while pushing into the pile and is then limited by the amount of chain length. If you short chain your plow you limit range of motion, to the length of the chain. Have a great day and good luck with your snow removal buisness.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The plow is limited by the distance from the hinge pins to the moldboard.
    the moldboard will pivot on the hinge pins until it hits the lift arm
    the chain will never get anything but looser.
    Jack your blade up as high as it will go sometime you will see what I mean.
    Be careful doing it, if your stacking stops are not in place you could cause a little damage

FYI I don't plow much snow anymore the ice/snow control equipment sales,service, parts, repair, installation and modification business keeps me way to busy.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Take it easy man, I'm trying to eat supper. That's some of the funniest stuff I've read here:laughing:

Yeah you did....

17. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Zach.....Before you call anyone a Punk on the internet.......You should do a search on Basher on this site......This man has more Knowledge in the Sh%t he flushed down the toilet today than you will ever have.....So, i suggest you do a little reading and shut your pie hole for a while.....Thumbs Up

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Quote of the day. :laughing:

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

It's easy, it's opposite day!Thumbs Up

20. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

X 2 on that one :drinkup: