1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg light Issue *Help*

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ione2retire, Dec 22, 2012.

1. ione2retire

ione2retire Junior Member
    from NY

I purchased a used HD 75 for my 2001 GMC Yukon. Got everything installed, pluged in plow light connector, everything worked as it should. Plow lights came on, hi-lo, park turn work fine. Jumped in to back out of the garage and when I put it in gear, plow lights go out completely. Truck lights came back on just like the plug had been disconected. Put her back in park, SHAZAM! Plow lights work! Thought maybe the garage lights were messing with the ambient light sensor so I took her out in the pitch black night. In park works as it should. Put her in gear, no plw light, but truck lights come on:dizzy:
    Wired this in the switch to ground config. with the 1150R adaptors for the headlights. Any thoughts ? ? ?:help:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

the 01s on up have the drls and have a sensor to turn them on and off. you might need some other type of wiring

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

On my old 01 S-10, I would be able to hit the button on the light control switch to turn off the automatic lights.

I think you had to turn it on/off, on/off, on/off two or three times to turn it off. I think it was the dome light/interior light switch.

Might want to try that first.

When I installed my Snow Dogg, there was an alternate wiring instruction also to put the lights on a manual switch. Look at your instructions and you might have to got that route.

4. ione2retire

ione2retire Junior Member
    from NY

:mechanic:Thanks for your imput! I went over wiring again today and found that the power supply I chose for my relay harness was a fuse marked BTSI. That fuse contols the automatic shift lock system. In park, has power, Shifted into gear, NO power!:realmad:
    Silly mistake! Easy fix ! ! Should have looked it up before I tapped it.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well glad it was easy fix. Happy plowing