1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg Lead Times

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ram 08, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

Does anyone know how long, on average, it takes Buyers to ship plows to their dealers? I went to the local dealer to purchase a VMD75 and they didn't have any so they had to order it. He told me it could be up to three weeks. I'm likely to be buried in snow in three weeks! I thought I read somewhere that they could receive the plow in as little as a week. Just looking for anyones feedback that might have some recent purchasing experience.

Thanks.

2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

I guess its a little late if you already bought it.... but I would have called around to other dealers close by to see if they had any in stock. Driving even 3 hours would be better then not having a plow when the snow flies.

3. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

They ordered the plow but I haven't actually purchased it from them yet. I did call around and the closest one I could find in stock was $400 more so I decided to order with the local dealer. The other thing I had to consider was they are installing it. So if I had to drive more than an hour or two it would be a pain in the butt to leave the truck with them and go back.

4. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

True, but is not having a plow going to cost you $400?? Not tying to be critical just giving options/thoughts

5. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

I understand your point, but I neglected to tell you that I'm not a commercial plower. I'm just a lazy homeowner with plenty of family (elderly and female) and I'm tired of snowblowing/shoveling all of their driveways in the cold. :) To your point, I wouldn't mind doing a few driveways for $ to help pay for the plow.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depends on the model plow the shipping company and the state of inventory. If Snowdawg is low on the MD75 or waiting for a part to finish assembling more it could take longer then the normal week plus this is the busiest time of year for plow installers it could be your dealer has a scheduling back log. Sounds like he is trying to be straight with you he didn't promise you a week, take your money and leave you waiting. Won't you be glad if instead of a worse case scenario the guy calls you in a week or ten days and tells you he has your plow?

7. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

8. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

Not all dealer have a Loaner program.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

True, but how is that relevant?

10. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

Entertainment - while you wait.

Colateral etc ..

11. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

I agree, I think he was being conservative so as not to disappoint. And you're right, I will be happy with anything less than three weeks.:)

12. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

Thanks for your quick response and info ChiTahoe.

13. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I have them in stock as well if your interested

14. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

Thanks Jim. I got it worked out, he was being conservative.