1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg issue and warranty question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by dcwp26, Sep 14, 2011.

1. dcwp26

dcwp26 Junior Member

I have the MD75 and the plow goes up - left-right but won't go down. It started doing this last winter. It goes into float position on controller and I have to push it down from the outside. Obviously not good!!! Any suggestions as to what this could be? Also when it is down and I want to dismount I can't get it to lower anymore from the piston in order to put slack in the chain. Still in float position, I actually have to get a rubber mallet and hammer on top of the piston in order to release or loosen the hydraulic hose and let fluid release out in order for the piston to lower. Again not good...

Last, the molded snow foil broke last winter in the cold--how long is the warranty for this and are they going to make rubber ones.

Thanks for any help!!!!
  2. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

There is a release valve that may be too tight, especially when its cold. Its on the front, be careful not to have your feet under the blade when you adjust it. The Snow foil is a prolem if you are stacking loads higher than the fully raised plow. I broke two last year. Warranty is three years I believe. They do have a rubber one but I havent seen it yet.
  3. Masonssr

Masonssr Junior Member

My plastic one broke. I called the dealer and they sent me a rubber one by UPS. I guess I'm lucky I have a great dealer. :drinkup:
  4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Most likely it is the lift ram packing material getting into the valve/screen. Snowdogg knows of the issues and has replaced lift rams because of this under warranty. Just go see your dealer and have them call snowdogg on it if the have not ran into it before.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds to me like the drop speed control valve is improperly adjusted.
  6. BigRed8131

BigRed8131 Junior Member

I have the EX80 and the other day I hooked it up to move it. I lifted it and also checked it right to left with no problems. Then I went to lower it and it would not go down. I pulled the connections apart and a little water came out, connected it back up and it lowered under power. So I am definantly getting some dilectric grease for the connections.