1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowdogg info

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Jim koesters, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jim koesters

Jim koesters Junior Member

looking for some info on snowdogg plows. some used ones are for sale on craigslist and the prices are cheap. I just don't no much about them. i stopped at a plow shop in Omaha to look for a mount and wiring for my 2013 f350 and he told me id be better of putting the money in my 1993 f350 with an 8.5 western on it then buying the snowdogg. my problem is ive plowed every snow in that truck from 93 till now and id kinda like to plow in a nice truck again like I did in 93. the plows are a two year old vxf85 just the plow for $2200 and the other is a 3 or 4 year old vx95 just the plow for $2400. any info would help thanks
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I love mine and have had zero problems with it. You'll get some guys that will chime in and say "you get what you pay for" and other B.S. like that, but they haven't owned one and are just being brand loyal. If I were you, I'd go with the largest blade you can find rather than the 8.5, but that's your choice.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snowdawgs are CHEAP new so I'd say those prices are WAY too high for what you are getting. Add between $1200/1500 for all the truck side parts plus installation so you are paying approx. 4K for a used plow you can buy new for less then 5K complete.
  4. Jim koesters

Jim koesters Junior Member

thanks for the info on the plows. the vxf85 looks like its in the best shape so I was thinking of offering him $1500 and then putting wings on it. I plow all big lots for a school so the bigger the better the bad thing is I get payed by the hour. I guess im getting old and just want to be done quick. I was thinking of trying the install myself anyone ever tried it? thanks again
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm with him. I shopped around and have owned plenty of Fishers and maintained 2 Boss plows at my old job. My Snowdogg has been the most reliable of any of them.
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They are honestly pretty simple. That really goes for any plow nowadays too - hardest part may be drilling holes in the frame after removing a front bumper but the wiring in today's systems are pretty easy.
  7. olred13

olred13 Junior Member

I love my vxf85 and i put the whole thing together and installed it. It took a long evening to do the truck side stuff but its not bad and i always like doing it myself anyways since you can spot any other problems you might have. But they are a great plow and very dependable