1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg Factory Back blade!!!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BMAN1, Dec 3, 2010.

1. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Why can't a person make a set for a v blade. Is it the trip edge?

3. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Wouldn't it gouge the pavement?

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Not anymore than a straight blade at an angle.

5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

The problem with that style edge is that snow and ice build up between the forward and rear cutting edges, preventing good contact for scraping.

The local plow shop to me makes a hinged back drag that works awesome.

6. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I had a hinged one on my fisher and never really liked it. I will try this one and see how it works.

7. CleanCutMN

CleanCutMN Junior Member

Should a new cutting edge be installed when the back drag edge is installed?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I am amazed how far buyers has come in the past few years! They have done more in 5 years then meyer has done in the past 20 years! Spreaders, Plows, Pushers, and so much more!

9. doggmountrep

doggmountrep Junior Member

Clearance Room

There should be about 1/4"-3/8" of material wear off Adjustment in the Slot. However, if your cutting Edge is wearing off at an angle (high on left than on right), then you will need a new cutting Edge.

10. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Im about to order a couple of these back drag blades, I know my residential customers will appreciate them!!

11. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

back drag edge

I want one for my md75 cant find a price on them anywhere anyone know the price of these?????