1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg EX90 something bent?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Jacko54, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Jacko54

Jacko54 Junior Member
    from Mass

Can anyone help me out diagnosing my problem with my plow? Everything used to work fine but half way through last season something must have bent and now the head gear and mold board are not parallel anymore. As a result the right side of the cutting edge is at least two inches off the ground when attached to the truck causing the cutting edge to wear unevenly.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Hard to tell from phone, looks like a twist a-frame.
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Either "A" frame or Sector is tweaked, most of the time it's the "A" frame and a much easier fix/less cost.
  4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I would level the moldboard with the ground (if the cutting edge is a half in worn more on one side prop it up).

Measure the the bar it trips on from the ground. Most likely that is fine.

Then measure the mount points, then half way to the pivot, then at the pivot. All on each side of the a frame. Those measurements would tell you where the bend is the worse.

If it seems like the twist is in the pivot I would take that apart along with the rams.

After all that it should be clear what is off.

Also keep in mind if the truck mount on the truck is unlevel that could be the issue also.
  5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Good call on the truck side, if it is..... man oh man it would of had to of been a hard hit, "A" frames are typically the weak link.
  6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck is it on? Just wondering. I bent my EX90 last season. I bent the roll of the mold board. It was taller on one side then the other which made it not sit right. I figured it out because I put a new edge on the plow and it still wasn't sitting right. After I took a bunch of measurements the plow was unrolling on one side. We bent it back within a 1/4 of an inch with a cat 320 track hoe. We will see if it holds up another year on the C4500. So check that out, it surprised me when I figured it out. I talked to Scott about it last February and told him what happened, he said he had never heard of that or had that problem. I told him what the curb weight of my truck is and that we usually plow with 5 to 6 ton of salt in the truck and he agreed that might be the problem. In the end I feel I probably should have got the heavier plow.