1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowDogg controller issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Redwing52, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Redwing52

Redwing52 Junior Member

Hello to all. I'm new here and new to SnowDogg so please forgive my inexperience. I have 13 trucks all with Western and thought I would try a Snnowdogg. I bought a VX85. It seems to have more than it's share of issues so far. Now it seems the controller has failed. Another $300 issue. Can anyone tell me if this is a common issue for this plow? It's just over one year old. I am all but certain it is the controller that has failed as I an checking voltage at the controller plug. When I push the button I always get 12 volts when it works. When I push the button I always get 0 volts when it doesn't. Looked it over for poor connections etc and pretty sure all is well there. Seems a shame you can't just buy the circuit board. Any help or past experience woild be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

2 yr warranty on your snow dogg,go get a new one.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

have 13 trucks all with Western and thought I would try a Snnowdogg. I bought a VX85.

Why Buy a plow that's different then your current fleet?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lets me guess $$$$$$$. Someone told him he could get the same quality at a cheaper price:rolleyes:

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Bash your probably right. It just doesn't make any sense. Money or not, just don't seem right

6. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

i was told today they have just the circuit board available. probably need that for mine.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, wrong thread