1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowdogg 7.5 v plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blc1, Dec 14, 2011.

1. blc1

blc1 Junior Member
    from ohio

Has anybody tried putting the vmd75 from snowdogg on a 3/4 ton. They act like it was made for the 1/2 ton trucks but I was wanting to try it on my 3/4 ton because some areas I am in get pretty tight with the 7.5 already.

Thanks

2. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

will not cover the wheels in scoop or v and will barely cover the vehicle width in straight.

3. blc1

blc1 Junior Member
    from ohio

Wouldn't that be the same problem as a 7.5 straight blade?

4. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

a 7.5 in v or scoop is smaller than a 7.5 in straight. its a 1/2 ton plow

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Is a 3/4 ton generally much/any wider than a half ton?

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Yes. They are wider.

7. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

don't get us wrong. It surely can be done, there is a local gm dealer that plows his lot with a 7.5 fisher stainless v and it does fine. just don't do anything crazy like bust through a 3 ft snow bank in v after a big storm or your gonna get hung up. gotta take chunks at it. 8.5 v and you can go right through.

8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

It isn't by much. I'd guess that the 7.5' is a "half ton" plow more because of its weight and the weight of the snow it can hold than the actual width. A 7.5 blade on a 3/4 ton is fine and extremely common, especially if that's what will work best for the route.