1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowcaster shovels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JMHConstruction, Jan 15, 2016.

1. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious how the snowcaster push shovel (not with wheels) compare to the snow plow shovels.

I have a couple yoho and some snow plow shovels. The yoho are alright, but I've had to replace every single piece of hardware on the shovel from them falling out. The snow plow shovels are great. They're thicker and much more heavy duty, but they're not sold locally.

A few places sell the snowcaster brand. How do they compare to the snow plow brand? Looking into getting some 30" and 36".

Not trying to start a "snow plow is the best" debate, just would like to get some more of these wider push shovels incase we get some snow this weekend or next week.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

3. JMHConstruction

Thanks Buff, my crew does a little less than 1 1/2 acres of walks. It's a around 6100-6200 sqft. This is the first year I've used these wider shovels and I am amazed how much time they save. I'd like to get a 36" shovel for every guy, but cant find local dealers, and I need them by this weekend (or at least Tuesday). I called a company out here and the guy on the phone told me they sold them, but when I got there I found out he thought I meant the shovels with wheels when I said snow plow shovel. Just wondered if the Snowcaster brand stands up to the Snow Plow quality. They seemed to look about the same as the snow plow. Anyone ever used them?

4. JMHConstruction

Wait I may have found one more place to try. Not sure if they're open on weekends, if not I'll call Monday.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have a couple yoho versions, as well as several TheSnowPlow....I wont buy any more yoho because (as you've experienced) theyre not quite as well built as thesnowplow. I looked at some of the snowcasters at the beginning of the winter & noticed the build quality is no better (maybe worse) than the yoho. Jmo, but for about the same money id stick with thesnowplow.