1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowbox on tractor??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KCLawnTamer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

I was wondering if anybody out there uses a compact tractor for snow removal.. I have a Kubota B7800 and L3400 that we use through the year and I could put a snowbox on the front loader.. How well would it work and how big of a box could I run??

2. trmotorsports

trmotorsports Junior Member

I dont know about a box, but I used my 3720 deere (44 hp) for snow and it works great.
    I use a box blade to pull the snow out of driveways in a development and then use the bucket to pile it at the ends of the driveways. I would think a tractor would push a snow box pretty well but not too big of one. I was thinking about a 6 or 7 ft snow box for mine.
    Tyler

3. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

I was thinking a 5-6 foot box..

4. zmowing

zmowing Junior Member

snow pusher

I just got a L 5240 Kubota & a 8 foot snow dozer with back drag option

SNOW EQUIPMENT 008.jpg

5. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

how do you like those snow dozer boxes?

6. dan67

dan67 Member

Box Blade

The photo is from last winter. I use a box blade to pull snow then pile with loader, works good.

snow pictures 004.jpg

7. zmowing

zmowing Junior Member

We have not used the snow dozer yet,no snow here.Snow dozer seems to be built very good

8. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

Ive used a snow dozer before it seems to work good for what it is.. snowplow works the best i think..

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice tractor, but it looks more like a summer ride....BURRRRRR

10. dan67

dan67 Member

cold

Your right, does get cold in the winter, it's been below zero many times this year and it will wake you up running it. Dan

11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

do you just use it for your drive, or do you spend all night on that thing?

12. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

L5740 and L5030

Photo003004.jpg

13. dan67

dan67 Member

That one is owned by the man I work for spend about 4 to 5 hrs per storm in it. Been almost every day for the last three weeks then it's to a atv for more. I use a atv for my drive and nieghbors about a mile total. More photos in the atv form. Also use my Farmall "H" for the big stuff at home. live in the country.

14. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

What size snow boxes are on those kubotas...

15. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

The 5030 has a 6 ft pusher and the 5740 has an 8 ft Western blade with wings.

16. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

Have you used any smaller tractors with boxes?? I looked on avalanches web site and it said a min of 20 horse power for a 6 foot box... My kubota B7800 is a 30 horse and didnt know if it would push a 6 foot box..

17. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Are those tractors gear or hydro drive? If so what range do you push in? My brother was very close to geting a 5740. He ended up with a new holland ( clears the door in his barn), but the kubota's offer more hp. with a hydro. Nice looking machines!!!

,shaun

18. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I have a 39hp SAME (Deutz) that I have a 6ft snow plow on the front and 7ft drag blade on the back that I turn the blade around on so it does not dig in. I use this on my own private drive thats 2200ft long and it pushes/pulls fine. A six foot box I would think would push ok unless its really wet snow.

The problem with a box pusher on the front of your Bota would be the lift / transport weight as the weight might be a little heavy depending on how far it sticks out on the front of your tractor. Weight on the back would help out a lot I would think.

19. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Both of my Kubotas are hydro. I push snow in mid range mostly.

20. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

I have a 6 foot pro king kutter blade on the back and a the loader on the front.. I was actually going to make a snow box out of a box blade and just put removable mounts on the back so it could still be used as a box blade on the rear.. I try to double duty all the equipment that I can..

I also thought about some wheel weights..