1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowblowing residential drives

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Just Cut, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Just Cut

Just Cut Junior Member

This winter I will be snow blowing residential drives in the Grand Rapids Michigan area, I was wondering if someone might be able to give a ballpark figure as to the length of time it will take to clear a drive about 70' long and 20 ' wide based on 3" inches of snow, and the pricing in this area for single and double drives as well, I will have 2 snowblowers going they are 24" Ariens with 7hp motors. would by the season or per time work best? Thanks in advance Ron
  2. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

I price blowing by the week/season. 70 x 20, will be about 25-30 minutes. Little more than half that with two blowers (they'll get in each others way occassionally.) A drive that size would get $60 or so per push in my area, my weekly price is 2x the one time price cause over one winter we average 2 events per week from 11/15-4/1. My best advice is to price competetively with other snow removal services in your area for the same sized driveway. You may be able to get a little more for the same driveway cause you could sell them on the angle that they won't have any snowbanks and minimal driveway shrinkage, turf damage etc.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2004