1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowblowing pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by the jrminator1, Oct 27, 2010.

1. the jrminator1

the jrminator1 Junior Member

Hi. I am starting out by using a snowblower on residential drives and walkways. Have a price in mind of $30/time on a normal drive. I know that it will be labor intensive, but finances are very limited. Have been in lawn care for 5 yrs and am wanting to expand services to my residential customers. I am in Franklin, IN just south if Indianapolis. hope to hear lots of positive comments, I know there will be some negative and that is expected LOL. Used to live on a farm and had 2 farm tractors with loaders and a rear grader blade and a 3 pt v- blade and at one time had a plow on a 3/4 ton ford 4x4. those days are long gone. now to start doing something.

2. adforester

adforester Junior Member

so is 30 for an hour worth of work?
    if is I charge 45 just to show up and do some blowing, hell i don;t even use my own blower.
    trying to get a plow

3. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

I would Charge whatever you are comfortable with. Try to line up properties next to each other to make your time out more efficient. If it was me I'd be more in the 40 range and I'd be thnking that's low when it is 4 degrees with 20 mph winds. Good luck

4. peterng

peterng Senior Member

round here most drives have a blower element to them.

I'd do up a flyer and pull mailman duties for a couple of hours in your area. 2 hours should get you 120 flyers out there. Or be selective and only put them in the driveways you want to do.

1 GET A TORO. Their typical $500 range 20" blower. 80 lbs. Do hard surface only driveways.

Time management is your #1 priority.

average driveway around here, 8-1000 sq. ft. 450-500$ seasonal rate I go for $95 /hr for plowing operations, $45/hr for blowing operations. 15 minutes travel tacked onto all charges for blowing. Most houses are 10 minutes pack up /go / restart.

Few basics, works for us. you need backup for your backup. Always think worst case scenario scheduling, blow in 8" increments max.
    Good luck,
    Pete

5. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

i am getting $45/hr for blowers. remember that it sucks to be out in the blowing wind and cold. so make sure you get the amount of money that makes it worth the effort to you.:salute:

6. larrylaverne

larrylaverne Member
    from ill.

google your town demographics income level, town size etc., if the town size is smallish with average income levels you might not get upwards of 30$/drive.you might have to go to indy or another close town to get additional work.how many of your lawn customers did you get for snowblowing? dont forget the farther you travel to do a resi drive, time is not on your side. may or may not already been done when you get there.neighbors are good for helping neighbors