1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblowing Only?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by keeman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. keeman

keeman Junior Member

Do any of you strictly snowblow and shovel in the winter(no plowing). If so how do you price? and do you wait until the storm is completely done before you head out or go in increments? Thinking about doing this in the winter and just looking for some tips. No plow but I need to do something, I heard this can be quite profitable as some people prefer snow blowing over plowing. This was my first year doing lawncare and am debating doing this in the winter.

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I did snow blowing before I had a plow for my truck, though I still had a plow for the tractor, the problem with blowers is that in the wet snow, blowers SUCK. you can only get so close to walls and doors in a tight space.
    Just remember, the more snow you let pile up, the longer it will take. Make sure you get a 2 stage, not a single stage. I still went out at 2-3 inches, and once it got to 6 inches, I wanted the drives clear, because trying to maneuver the blower over the snow is a pain. I don't know if you intend on using a tractor or putting a blower on the front of your truck (yes they have those) Just today, I had a customer ask if I did blowing instead of plowing, and I told her I used to till my tractor became unreliable, but I still charged the same as plowing.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

As long as the accounts are close or you don't mind loading the blower it is a great way to make some cash. For a wet or heavy snow just keep up with the storm and you will be fine.
  4. keeman

keeman Junior Member

Thanks guys, the info is very helpful.