1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblowing man hr rate?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 94gt331, Oct 19, 2012.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Hey guys, got a call from a property manager that I plow there apartment complex. Great customer. There maint. crew use to do there sidewalk snowblowing but they asked me if I can there snowblowing. It's a large complex so I told her that I would charge her by the hr, they have a snowblower and fuel in there shop so I just provide the labor. What's a good manhr rate to charge for general snowblowing. I was going to ask $45 per manhr since there providing me with the blower and gas. Please don't make me break down my costs to come up with my man hr. Snow removal work is all extra money for me since I work all year in landscaping. Just want to see what you guys think is a reasonable across the board price.
  2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Extra money??? No such thing. Business is business. You need to figure out what your costs are & come up with a real#
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

LOL!!! Brass balls you must have!

"Please don't make me do my own work to make my own money for me, I am too lazy and just don't give a ****."
  4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

$45/hr seems high to me for labor only if they're providing equipment and fuel. What do you pay your plow drivers? I doubt it's $45/hr
  5. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I bid on some stuff this year where they want a similar service..... labor only was $30/hr.
  6. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I pay my guys $15 an hr and incentives, with comp and everything it's alittle bit over $20hr to break even. So it's leaving $25 extra on table for profit and misc.
  7. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Thanks for your input.
  8. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Seeing as you really don't need the money. I would just charge enough for a case of beer!! :drinkup:
  9. snoboss

snoboss Member

Buuurrrppppp 45 per, min or run Forest run!!
  10. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Using a customer's equipment is always a recipe for failure.

I'd only do that to finish out the last hour of blowing on a storm if mine went down, not as a standard practice!
  11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

$37.50/hour is what we charge out at.