1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblowers, let's see'm

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Newdude, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Since I created, I will star. Here is my Poulan Pro 8.5hp, 27" blower. I put some pics of a couple piles I mad with a shovel.

2. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Sweet piles dude.:rolleyes:
  3. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

KCB, ready for whats coming??? payup
  4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z Junior Member

This is me last year with an Ariens 11528.

5. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Here I am a couple weekends ago at a friends cottage, didnt work great just kept spinning.
    Oh well I guess thats why I have a plow truck :D
    Brook's and snow storm 087.jpg

Brook's and snow storm 087.jpg
  6. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

KCB & fatboy, im ready! despite being in the middle of mid terms for school, but hey, this year i've had more exams than snow falls! Good luck to ya, happy plowin'

(sry for the hijack)

7. MSB1766

MSB1766 Member

This is what I have:

8. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

This thing is a beast, will go through a foot and a half of powder at walking speed(last year). Can't say enough about it. I bought a bigger more powerful one over the summer. It was a old belt wb with the deck taken off and a cub cadet tractor snowblower implement. 20hp 42'' path, single stage. It is over kill unless you have a foot of snow on miles of sidewalk, but had to have it. Will get pics eventually. jan16_001.jpg

9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

10. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

FTW-- suppose to get 4-6inches tonight

11. Whip

Whip Member

Other than use of the rear PTO, I could never understand trying to blow snow while backing up. Doesn't that get tiring, much less strain your neck?
  12. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

It isn't too bad in the tractor. The seats swivel so much that you don't have to turn as much as you would think. Of course its not a John Deere, so you might get a sore neck lol!
  13. rex

rex Junior Member

Hello all. I have been lurking for a while and just registered to the site. For those of you who use those large PTO blowers like 4X4Farmer, how do they do on gravel? Are you able to hold the blower off the ground better and make less of a mess than you would with a snow plow?
  14. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Depends on how well the driveway is graded.
  15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought one of them 2450's last week. Hopefully I'll get to use it tonight or tomorrow!
  16. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

As far as blowing snow in reverse, its not bad at all. Like farm boss said, the seat swivals. Besides, whats the differnce, everything else we do with a tractor where always looking back. Digging, planting, spraying, mowing, your always looking back, so I guess im just used to it. Yes once in awhile your back and neck get sore, but thats just part of farming. Like after the first day in the fall while swathing wheat down with a pull type, now thats a pain in the neck! lol I probably wouldent want to do a bunch of commercial work with a rear mounted snowblower, but for on the farm it works fine. Oh, and as far as the gravel goes, its got shoes on it, and we set it about an inch off the ground, we dont need it cleaned right to the ground at the farm.
  17. rlcowder

rlcowder Junior Member

Here's mine[​IMG]
  18. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

19. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I know Oshkosh and a few others will like this blower!
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  20. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

That thing is sick!!

LOL ,Just my size, how'd you know.lol Is that a single or two stage???Sure moves the snow.