1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowblower woes!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Woodland, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I have recently added a new account to my run...don't get excited yet! It's a freebie. Relatives are building a new house just up the road from me and the driveway will be an absolute nightmare to plow. One of those narrow, steep drives with a super-scary drop-off to one side. Long story short - I Ain't plowin' it!

So...I need a snowblower. My 34hp Kubota gets parked at the house during the winter so I have dreams of buying a rear-mount snowblower to do this driveway as well as my own. The problems I've encountered thus far is a lack of available used blowers. I've had my eyes open since spring and haven't seen one come up for sale in my area. So I moved on to considering new, but I'm looking at somewhere north to 3k for a new one. Yikes - for two driveways.

Plan B --- how about a snowblower for my JD X300? Brand new - lists for $1425! Ok, maybe used? Same trouble here. Nobody is selling a used JD snowblower that specifically lists as compatible with the X300 model.

My question then is....(drum roll please)...are other JD snowblower models compatible with an X300? I frequently see models that are generally revered as compatible with L series tractors. Can these be used on my model with some extra parts?